We work with a range of visitor attractions including museums, galleries, parks, gardens, castles and hotels to care for, interpret and present their unique history.
Specialising in helping independent organisations with limited budgets, we offer the following useful mix of consultancy advice and practical skills:
- Setting up a collection
- Gaining Charitable or Accredited status
- Environmental monitoring and implementation
- Packing historical objects for storage and transit
- Designing, project managing and installing exhibitions and displays
- Researching and writing information and orientation panels
- Emergency planning and compliance for collections
- Creating and implementing heritage strategies
- Collections-related research projects
- Policy advice and writing
- Collections audits
We offer a free consultation to discuss your organisation's aims.
Why choose The Company Curator?
- We're small, friendly company, passionate about curating. This enthusiasm enables us to give great personal service.
- We specialise in working with independent organisations with low budgets - no multi-million pound projects here.
- We offer all organisations a free, no-obligation consultation.
- We work with you to negotiate an upfront project cost so there are no hidden surprises.
- We can connect you with experts specialising in archival storage systems, valuers, conservators and auctioneers when you need them.
- We aim to exceed industry standards set by the Arts Council England, International Council of Museums and the British Archives Council.
- We're a fully insured registered company, so you're in safe hands.